I am an Elementary School Librarian (K-5), Wife to a Most Magnificent Husband, and Mother to 3 Beautiful Blessings, and yes, I love to read! I also enjoy cooking and eating at local restaurants. I am thankful to be able to spread love, joy, and laughter just as it has been given to me. #AllGlorytoGod
Professional Learning Network
I am proud to be a part of a learning community that includes esteemed colleagues both from within my district and our surrounding city, of Buffalo. I am also actively engaged in a thriving network of educational leaders through acadmic platforms online. I use Social Media professionally as a means primarily to:
- Expand my PLN to include educational leaders world-wide. Sharing our expertise and learning from each other.
- Stay in the know with the latest news about our (my students & myself) favorite authors, increasing exposure to literary excellence by means of a virtual author visit and winning copies of books, for example.
My Professional Learning Experiences
Book Excursion Member
A group of 13 educational leaders who read, review, and promote books through Social Media and in our communities with an express purpose to share our love of reading with the families and communities we serve. The co-founders are Kimberly Bower (@gladeslibrarian) and Laura Mossa (@lauramossa) who have been a huge part of my reading experience on Twitter.
ProjectLit Community Site Leader
Through the efforts of the innovative Nashville, TN English teacher, Jarred Amato, and his amazing students, 50+ educators will now be spending the school year reading through a stellar list of books through what is now one massive book club in several locations across the U.S.A.
Book Release Launch Teams
1. Blink YA Launch Team – I was so honored to have been a part of Blink YA’s launch team (with an ARC) for the book Solo by Kwame Alexander & Mary Rand Hess that released 8/1/17. Promoting quality books is easy! Especially when you get an opportunity to spread the book love about an author that is counted as a favorite by myself and my students. Read the review here.
2. Street Team – Member of the street team for The Peculiar Incident on Shady Street by Lindsay Currie that released October 2017. I had the privilege of reading an E-ARC, provided by NetGalley and then promoted the book to my students, families, and social media platforms. Read the review here.
3. Swing Book Launch Team – Member of the #SwingBook Launch Team with an E-ARC copy provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review of Kwame Alexander & Mary Rand Hess latest novel in verse. Read the review here.
NetGalley Member | Professional Reader